Jul 27, 2012

Godiva Truffle Bars: Strawberries & Cream in White Chocolate

Godiva Truffle Bars: Strawberries & Cream in White Chocolate
220 calories total, 55 calories per square (in case you need the nutrition)

This is a 1.5 oz (43 g) Truffle Bar consisting of four squares of white chocolate with a creamy strawberry filling. Created for the Summer Ice Cream collection, this bar is not currently listed anywhere on the Godiva website so it is unclear whether this, like some of the other products in the collection, will only be available for summer or if it will be sold all year-round.


Now, as far as my personal review of this bar, it was as I expected. I suspected this bar to taste as it did, and my expectations weren't very high. I'm not a fan in general of artificial fruit flavors in chocolate (as opposed to, per se, natural and real fruit being dipped into chocolate, which I am a fan of). The white chocolate was rich and thick, and the strawberry filling reminded me of strawberry jam. Although it tasted nothing like strawberry jam, its consistency was not very gooey, but sort of viscous (see below). It even looks like it might taste light strawberry jam, but when combined with the white chocolate, the flavor is completely unique. The white chocolate leaves a lasting impression and becomes almost overpowering. Again, I wasn't crazy about the combination in the first place, but this bar did not disappoint. 



As far as rating goes, I'd personally say 6/10.
But, if I were being completely unbiased, it'd be more like an 8/10. It does melt a little in your hands and the white chocolate overpowered the filling. However, I think it'd be difficult to further emphasize the taste of the filling without throwing all the flavors off balance. Godiva did a good job with this one. 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment