Aug 28, 2012

Sweeties Fine Chocolate

Today, I went to Sweeties Fine Chocolate in Northampton, MA. I used to go to this place as a kid and has always held dear memories. Although the store isn't extremely large or versatile, it's classic and friendly. It has many selections of hard candy and gummies that you can weigh in a bag and eat, and an assortment of other more common and individually sold candy like Pop Rocks and chocolate gold coins. But, they also have truffles and dipped chips and pretzels and many chocolate goods!

Here's an overview of all the chocolates. I got five, but only four flavors.


 I don't remember the name of this one, but it has layers of chocolate (I think it was simply called layers of chocolate or something along those lines) and it has two layers of milk chocolate and one layer of some other chocolate that has a touch of nuts. I can't tell if it's almonds or what but it's good! I also can't tell if it's salted, or if it's the salt from the salted caramel that accidentally got on it.
 The one that's sort of already been eaten is a salted caramel chocolate. A little hard since it just came from my fridge, but the salt balanced the caramel really nicely!
That one there is definitely filled with almond something. It's not quite a ganache like in the Godiva truffles, but it's delicious. Probably my favorite truffle of the batch.
Then I got two tiramisu chocolates. The coffee taste is really pronounced but it's good nonetheless. The coffee aftertaste is really strong. I got two because I knew I'd like it, and I do(:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment