Sep 2, 2010

Godiva: Ice Cream Parlor Truffles

Here are the reviews and what not!!! (:

Well, this time around I tried the Chocolate Lava Cake Truffle as my free chocolate of the month, which (as the picture shows) completely lava-like! (With a rewards card, you, too, can get a free chocolate every month which I am able to take advantage of every two months seeing as I live 45 minutes away from the closest Godiva store) It was just bursting with chocolatey flavor. There was the truffle filling and like a chocolate liquidy type ingredient which contributed to the lava like flavor. The chocolate though tasted thick, and it was weird to have that contrast in a truffle, and it was sort of overpowering, so I couldn't taste the other parts of the truffle. It was delicous overall, though! 8/10
Before I ate it! I'm not really sure what's on top of it, but as far as I'm concerned it didn't effect the taste much.



In the inside! The chocolate in the middle kind of gushed out, like a gusher! But it was yummy!

My sister enjoyed a Mandarin Orange Spring Fruits chocolate. She said it was tasty, but I didn't actually get to try it myself.
(Mandarin Orange Spring Fruit)



I also purchased some Harvest Spice Truffles. THESE ARE MY ABSOLUTE FAVORITE TRUFFLES GODIVA HAS TO OFFER: AND THAT'S SAYING A LOT! I absolutely love this flavor. It has a milk chocolate ganache mixed with cinnamon, cloves and nutmegg!!! It's a perfect balance between spices thats are still sweet and a harvesty flavor that make Autumn feel more cozy. I think it tastes just like you'd expect it to. The name HARVEST comes from its fresh harvested flavor. legit. It tastes just like Autumn, pumpkins, Thanksgiving Dinner and the piles of leaves all in one truffle. It's DELICIOUS. 10/10!! If you have taste buds similar to mine, you'll want to try this one!



I also am trying the Ice Cream Parlor Truffles, which are a special limited edition for the summer and for the National Ice Cream Day! I am going to try the Orange&Creme, the Mint Chocolate Chip, and the Pecan Caramel Truffles! I cannot wait! I have already tasted the Orange and Creme. And I'm trying the Mint Chocolate Chip as I type!!! I loveeee limited edition things, for some reason! Like things that are special for occasions?!?! Yeah! So i love the whole idea of Ice Cream "Pint" containers and the creamy ganache centers! Not to mention they also have chocolate pops AND truffle bar collection which i SO wish i couldve tried!!!!!! It's sooooo excitingg!!!! So, I'm only going to be trying three flavors, but I love mint chocolate chip, I hear that the Pecan truffle is AH-MAZING, and the other flavors didn't interest me like Oranges&Creme. So, I can't wait to review these!!!! There are six truffle flavors in total, however.



Hazelnut Gelato and Coffe Gelato: I don't like coffe, so these didn't interest me much.


Neapolitan: I don't like strawberry and vanilla ice cream, either, so I didn't think I'd be too crazy for this flavor...


Orange & Creme- It is so named Orange and Creme for a reason! A perfect balance between an ice creamy taste and orange bursts of flavor. There is a lot of the creamy feel, almost too creamy for a truffle, but definitely sticking to the Ice Cream theme! I dont really like oranges...at all, but when there's chocolate, you can't go wrong! A white chocolate swirl decorates the dainty and very light, fluffy truffle. The flavor, I wasn't crazy about. I mean, there's still that overpowering orange flavor that just matches the chocolate. It was pretty good, just not my favorite---8/10


Mint Chocolate Chip- When I was younger I used to go to Friendly's (an ice cream place) that had Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. I LOVED mint chocolate chip. I've kind of "grown out" of those taste buds now, and I usually go for something a little more chocolatey! But this truffle reminded me why I loved it that flavor. This truffle tastes EXACTLY like the ice cream, only if you eat it really fast, it doesn't give you a brain freeze! The inside is very smooth-- a ganache center--which contributes to the ice cream feel. The shell is chocolate and mint, and there are small bursts of chocolate chips inside the truffle. It brought me back to the days where I'd get ice cream after shots. It might not please people who don't have my taste buds, but I liked the themed flavor. Perhaps my love for this flavor originally will bias my review, but I hope not! 10/10
The inside of it! (I cut it in half..) You can see the little chocolate chips! YUM!


There are four in each pint container. They don't really all fit..but they're still deliciouss hehe;) I ate one truffle along with Tea Forte's English Breakfast. It was a simple mix.


I'll rate the Pecan Caramel Truffles as soon as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a Comment